|Master in Management||Tweeter|
HEC-ULg offers 8 masters with Professional Focus in Management with the exception of a rare few courses, they are offered either entirely in English (E) or bilingual English/French (E/F) and rely on the school's centres of excellence or on specific professional fields.
- Financial Analysis and Audit (E)
- Banking and Asset Management (E)
- Marketing and Strategic Intelligence (E/F)
- Social Enterprise Management (E/F)
- Organisation and human management (E/F)
- Entrepreneurship (E/F)
- Creative Projects (F)
- Management / Law (in collaboration with the Faculty of Law) (E/F)
The Master in Management specialised in Financial Analysis and Audit aims at training future executives and leaders for companies and organisations, who are specialised in activities related to internal as well as external monitoring. With a cross-disciplinary and comprehensive view of the various activities and functions within companies, these specialists master the accounting, financial, auditing and legal techniques that are necessary to adequately comprehend the risks that companies are faced with every day. They can evaluate their importance within each organisation's specific the competitive, strategic and economic context.
Their knowledge of the legal, regulatory and ethical framework that governs businesses also allows these experts to develop internal and external monitoring systems, in order to control the risks identified and to manage them in the long run.
There are many career opportunities in corporate finance, with a great diversity. Here are some examples :
- financial director of a commercial or industrial company
- credit analyst or manager in a commercial bank
- counsellor/analyst on mergers and acquisitions
- financial analyst : assistant financial director in a large company
- treasurer in a commercial, industrial or non-market organisation
- financial councellor in public or private bodies
- in terms of external monitoring : statutory auditor, external auditor, specialised consultant, qualified certifier
- in terms of internal control : management service manager, internal controller, internal auditor, internal process auditor
Later on, this path quickly leads to leadership positions within companies or organisation of any type, to the take-over of existing companies, or to administrative positions, either independently or as a part of a board of directors.
In market finance, this master with Professional Focus essentially aims at training future managers with cross-disciplinary skills in all fields related to financial institutions, with especial emphasis on the investment fund industry.The goal is to provide future managers with the open-mindedness and the curiosity required to adequately decode financial mechanisms and to take on all the responsibilities that their position entails.
This specialised master will lead you to :
- positions in the field of portfolio management (pension funds, hedge funds), financial risk management and strategic
planning in the financial industry
- any banking or insurance activity related to institutional investments, private banking, asset management...
- any type of executive position within financial institutions, or within corporate "Financial" departments (credit
management, assets/liabilities, treasury...)
In a high-competition context, companies and organisations absolutely must acquire strong competitive advantages and know how to communicate them efficiently.
One who possesses relevant information and knows how to use it can stay ahead of his competitors. This also goes for one who can protect information about him.
Responding to an emerging need in companies and organisations (the vital importance of knowledge management and data protection, the need for innovation and creativity...), the Master in Management's specialisation in Marketing and strategic intelligence aims at developing a modern vision of marketing and strategy, taking into account the IT revolution.
This specialisation is organised around the following subjects :
- Strategic marketing
- Marketing and strategy information systems
- Marketing and corporate communication
- Data search, processing and management
- Supporting creativity and innovation
- all commercial and marketing positions
- strategic intelligence expert
- information management and protection expert
- researcher (planning and consultancy firms)
- watching positions (technological, market and competitive)
The Master in Management with Professional Focus in Social Enterprise Management gives you the opportunity to acquire cross-disciplinary management skills while developing skills that will prove useful in social enterprises; more generally, it will teach you how to put more emphasis on social, ethical and environmental aspects at the heart of economic activities..
This master programme will provide you with :
- analysis skills : how to examine and anticipate societal issues, understand the various economic structures as well as their roles and specific characteristics
- a professional network : meeting key players in Belgium's social economy, learning about similar experiences in Europe
and throughout the world
- a stimulating context to launch social entrepreneurship projects
The Social Enterprise Management branch develops skills that will be used by future graduates in a wide variety of professional environments as managers, entrepreneurs or experts
This master with Professional Focus emphasizes on strategic reflection, on how human resource management and work organisation interact with other fields of management, on the creation and exploitation of management charts and indicators used in strategic decision-making, on the exploitation of automated systems (e-HRM), etc. In accordance with the goals of the school's centres of excellence, there is considerable interaction in this field between the professors' projects and research areas on the one hand, and the students' internships and dissertations on the other.
This specialisation can help you work as :
A practical course, this programme's main characteristic is to bring actual business experience into the university curriculum, in order to reach optimal results and encourage real-world projects. Participants are directly sent into the corporate environment, as a part of a pluridisciplinary team for 6 field missions.
HEC-ULg's "Entrepreneurs" course is geared toward Management graduates, but also toward university graduates from all fields: management, economics, applied sciences, law, sociology, architecture, science and communication, etc., who have an entrepreneurial spirit. .
This programme's assets are :
- 6 years of experience in a single year
- a "field-only" course where all missions are performed in existing companies
- real-world work that can be used directly by client companies
- seminars hosted by professionals, allowing you to gain a comprehensive skill set in the fields of management and
- discovery and analysis of all stages of a company's life, from creation to transfer through strategy and international
- a 6-week mission as an assistant, where participants each follow an entrepreneur and leur about his daily activities
- 6 jury evaluations during which some 100 professionals from all fields will meet participants and provide feedback on
The specialisation, offered in no other French-speaking Belgian university and based on the ID-Campus project, is offered through the ULg's various masters since September, 2012.
Creativity has now become an essential means to meet the challenges of a world that is ever more volatile, evolving and uncertain. For an organisation, the ability to overcome obstacles, react to market changes and seize opportunities results in the adoption of a generally innovative perspective (products, services, business models, processes).
All people have creative abilities : the creative process can be taught and developed. Beyond individual creativity, there is also the question of group creativity and how to manage such groups.
These challenges also require teamwork or the successful completion of a project based on the interaction of people with different skills and levels of experience.
For you, this focus involves a post-master : you must hold a master's degree in Management, Business Management or Economics in order to qualify for this programme. Its three components are as follows :
Upon registering, you also choose two subjects among five offered, ensuring that you work on projects whose components are strongly related to your two subjects of choice.
A degree in Management and Law in 6 years : a ULg exclusive !
The ULg's Management School and the Faculty of Law and Political Science - School of Criminology launch a new programme allowing students to earn a Master's degree in Management and a Master's degree in Law, in 6 years of study. This opportunity is offered nowhere else in Belgium !
It relies on a specil programme put into place at the Master level, open to selected holders of a Bachelor's degree in Economics and Management or a Bachelor's degree in Law. Holders of a Bachelor's degree in Economics and Management who meet the selection criteria can follow the Master in Management with a Professional Focus in Law. In addition to the material required to become a manager, this programme will provide solid basic legal knowledge. It will also be bilingual (French/English), and will allow you to expand your knowledge of Dutch. The final project will be cross-disciplinary.
As a holder of the Master's degree in Management with a Professional Focus in Law, you can then enter the last year of the Master in Law with a Professional Focus in Law and Management, where 30 credits are dedicated to cross-disciplinary seminars hosted by jurist and manager professors. After 6 years, you will have graduated both in Management and Law.
Holders of a Bachelor's degree in Law can follow a similar path after their Master in Law with a Professional Focus in Management, by entering the last year of the Master in Management.
This new opportunity follows a demand from various professional fields, where there is demand for qualified collaborators with solid management and legal skills.
You can also obtain prospectuses about the various courses, simply complete the on-line form.