At the beginning of the new academic year you will be straightaway faced with a different type of teaching and a different rhythm.
To cope with the demands of the new subjects which are awaiting you, it is as well to back up your knowledge.
It is from this perspective that the University of Liège offers you preparatory activities. They are arranged during the long Summer holidays, before the start of the academic year, in order to:
|- Revise the important points of your subject and link them up to the subject |
matter taught in the first year of the BAC ;
- Discover well before the environment in which you will be living;
- Establish preliminary contact with other students and various professors;
- Experience already the rhythm of days which are often very full;
- Check your working methods and correct them if necessary;
- Discover the various university teaching methods (syllabus, ex cathedra
courses, forms of assessment, etc.);
- Make you become aware of your potential and your difficulties in order to
react in the best possible way on the pathway you have embarked on.
The preparatory activities employ every type of course, exercise, discussion, seminar, etc. and are organised according to the target subject area. You will thus participate in activities adapted to your needs.
To find out what is on offer to you, follow the menu...
To receive the brochure at home fill in this form and mention "preparatory activities" in the comments ("remarque") field.
Once you have decided to take part in one or more preparatory activity modules it is necessary to register for them :
Consult the maps and access directions here.
Some rooms are available in university halls of residence during the preparatory activities.
The Study Promotion and Information Service can respond to (nearly) all the questions that you still want to ask. Don't hesitate to get in touch with us.