IT logistics at the University of Liège involves the organization of the Institution's entire IT media and their dissemination to the university community.
These activities are developed within several "IT units" :
- The SEGI (General IT Service) is the central body that houses the powerful equipment available to the university community; defines and implements overall strategy, standards, and network architecture; and monitors ULG's administrative IT.
- The U.D.I. (Decentralized IT Units): The UDI organize local IT media and stand in for SEGI in specific geographical or faculty environments.
- In addition, some University services, in the Faculties and elsewhere, make their material available to users whose interests are similar to their own.
- The CSI (Scientific IT Council), an advisory body to the Board of Directors, is responsible for:
- making recommendations on the general strategy to be implemented in matters relating to the University's IT infrastructure (hardware and software), particularly in regard to teaching and research support.
- advising on how to distribute IT resources allocated to the UDI.
- Examining research projects involving the acquisition of major IT media before these projects are sent to potential subsidy-granting institutions in order to ensure coherence in the IT material set up at ULg.